[MPlayer-users] Mplayer G2 status

Ivan Kalvachev ivan at cacad.com
Tue Mar 8 01:07:20 CET 2005

On Mon,  7 Mar 2005 12:24:48 -0800 (PST)
"Dean S. Messing" <deanm at sharplabs.com> wrote:

> Having been out of the mplayer loop
> for the last few months I'm recently needed
> to start using it again for my research.
>
> I've been trying to find out what the status of
> G2 is but keep coming up with a blank.  The development
> archive stops as of September, 2004 and google is
> delivering my nothing but old stuff.  The Mplayer
> News page (searching on  "g2")  mentions nothing as of
> the departure of A'rpi last March (but I know
> he later returned).  Can anyone enlighten me?
>
> Dean S. Messing
> Sr. Scientist
> Display Algorithms & Visual Optimization Lab
> Sharp Laboratories of America

Well G2 status is "COMA"

Nobody is working on it. There is not enough manpower to keep g1 running.
Arpi had done an private G2 fork that he develops in secret (under LGPL license)

Eventually some parts on G2 may be back ported to G1....

Wish You Best
   Ivan Kalvachev
  iive