[MPlayer-users] Mplayer compile problem with fedora 3

Esperanza Glass esperanza at comic.com
Wed Mar 9 10:32:19 CET 2005

> And what is this "./compile", pray tell?

d'oh!

I have to compile it from source because I want to use:

./configure --enable-dxr3 --enable-dvb --enable-dvbhead --with-dvbincdir=/usr/src/linux/include --with-xvidlibdir=/usr/lib/libxvidcore.a

In other words I'm using it with my dxr3 card as a part of my VDR box. About the enable-dvb option. I get an error message:

Checking for DVB ... no (specify path to DVB/ost/include with --with-dvbincdir=DIR)

I'm using the dvb drivers included in kernel source and there is no directory DVB/ost/include. That directory is obsolete also in the DVB source. What path I should use? Ok, this was bit offtopic...

> I'd guess you have a symlink to /usr/src/linux/include in
> /usr/include/linux, which is very bad, because it should contain
> the headers your glibc was compiled with:
> $ ls -ld /usr/include/linux
> drwxr-xr-x  12 root root 12288 Jul  4  2004 /usr/include/linux
> $ rpm -qf /usr/include/linux
> glibc-kernheaders-2.4-8.36

# ls -ld /usr/include/linux
drwxr-xr-x  12 root root 12288 Mar  9 09:45 /usr/include/linux
rpm -qf /usr/include/linux
glibc-kernheaders-2.4-9.1.87

I reinstalled the headers package to make sure. No help. I got it compiled with fc3 system at my workplace so there is something wrong in my system, if I just knew what...

hopey