[MPlayer-users] How do I set up Mozilla to use mplayer to open a file?

John McKee jmmckee at flinthills.com
Fri Mar 11 15:53:39 CET 2005

On this web page, there is a link that is ultimately to a wmv file.
When I click the link, I am presented with a box asking me to download
the application.  This is in a separate window.  The application type is
video/x-ms-wmv

I opened the preferences and attempted to add mplayer to the list of
helpers, or at least allow Mozilla to ask what to do with this media
type.  Then, I closed and restarted Mozilla.  That didn't change the
response.

So, my question:  how do I get Mozilla to either use mplayer for
specific media types, such as wmv, or, at least ask how to open the
link?

All help is appreciated!

John McKee