[MPlayer-users] Problem playing embedded .wmv files

John McKee jmmckee at flinthills.com
Sat Mar 12 07:49:35 CET 2005

Earlier, I posted a question as to how to play a .wmv file that was
embedded in a web page.  The response I got was mplayer-plugin.

I downloaded the file, built it, installed it, and copied the .so file
to the appropriate location within Mozilla.

So, I click on a link.  The buffering process starts.  The buffering
process stops cold at 99 percent.  I have done this twice now.

When it stopped the second time, I copied the file in the /tmp directory
to another directory, as the original gets deleted.

Using Mozilla, I was able to open and play this copy of the file, just
gine.

So, why does it buffer 99 percent and then stop when run within
Mozilla?  Is there something wromg with the build?  How can I identify
the problem and fix it?

Thanks for any suggestions.

John McKee