[MPlayer-users] tv capture (again)

Hans-Carl Oberdalhoff hco at gmx.de
Tue Mar 15 11:47:19 CET 2005

Am Dienstag, 15. März 2005 11:24 schrieb Mauro Condarelli:
> Is there any way to watch tv while capturing?
> If I get it right usage of [g]mplayer and mencoder is mutually
> exclusive. I would like to see what I'm capturing! (possibly with low
> cpu overhead)

Normally you can (under Linux) already read the beginning of a file which is
opened for writing.

This means, you should be able to start recording with mencoder and then
(after some seconds/megabytes of recording) start the mplayer on the
unfinished file.
If have not tried this with tv. But it works for other mencoder-tasks.

Bye, hco