[MPlayer-users] Reducing FPS?

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Sun Mar 20 04:17:45 CET 2005

On Sun, Mar 20, 2005 at 01:29:54PM +1030, Mark Williams (MWP) wrote:

> > > Sure.
> > >
> > > mencoder -o test.avi -nosound -noskip -fps 50 -ofps 25 -oac copy -ovc lavc -lavcopts odec=mpeg4:trell:v4mv:vhq:vqmin=2:vqmax=20:vmax_b_frames=2:aspect=4/3:vbitrate=1800 -vf crop=704:568,scale=704:396,denoise3d -sws 2 movie.mpg
> >
> > Umm, you can't use -noskip if you want to skip every other
> > frame!!!!!!!!!!
> >
> > And do not use -nosound either. It will break a/v sync even if you do
> > want to do audio as a separate operation later.
>
> Yeh, i forgot i was using -noskip in my scripts and once i realised it was there
> i removed it.
> After doing so, it started skipping every 2nd frame giving me the jerky video.

Skipping every second frame was what you said you wanted.

However, my guess is that something else is going on. If it weren't
for the fact that you're using PAL I would guess the video were
telecined. Look at the video step by step one frame at a time and see
if there's any pattern of duplication to the frames. If so, try to
describe it here and I might be able to tell you what was done and how
to drop to the original framerate correctly. I _really_ doubt this is
real 50fps content with 50 unique frames per second, or else it would
look decent just skipping every second frame..

Rich