[MPlayer-users] Re: MPlayer not able to show all DVD subtitles

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Mon Mar 21 08:22:17 CET 2005

Joonas Koivunen wrote:

> Replying miself with some "new" information;
> The first two subtitle channels have show the same subtitles (which
> is swedish I think), the next two show norwegian and danish, so the
> finnish subtitles are out of reach.
>
> When using ogle under --debug switch and switching to finnish
> subtitles it spits out:
> Note[ogle_nav]: DVDCtrlSetSubpictureState 0x40
> Note[ogle_nav]: DVDCtrlSubpictureStreamChange 43
> Debug[ogle_nav]: sending subp demuxstream 6
> Debug[ogle_ctrl]: _new stream bd, 26
>
> But mplayer dvd://1 -sid 6 doesn't show anything, nor does 40, nor
> does 43, nor does 26..
> I guess there's no way to force mplayer to use subtitle channel/id it
> cannot find/see? Could some dev comment on this please?

It would be easier to tell whether or not we can help you if you'd
provide enough information - specifically, the bare minimum requirement
for any non-compiling-related problem report: the exact command line you
used and the exact (complete! not snipped!) text output. In this case,
I'd probably want to see the output of 'mplayer -v dvd://1' first.

Also, when replying, it's advisable to quote the previous post - even
when replying to yourself; in this case, it would have kept the
information you had reported previously right at hand, rather than
requiring me to switch back and forth between messages to get an idea of
what the situation is.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.