[MPlayer-users] Re: MPlayer not able to show all DVD subtitles

Joonas Koivunen joonas.koivunen at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 13:33:33 CET 2005

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 20:36:28 -0400, Giacomo Comes <comes at naic.edu> wrote:
> > [open] audio stream: 0 audio format: ac3 (stereo) language: en aid: 128
> > [open] audio stream: 1 audio format: ac3 (5.1) language: en aid: 129
> > [open] number of audio channels on disk: 2.
> > [open] subtitle ( sid ): 0 language: sv
> > [open] subtitle ( sid ): 1 language: da
> > [open] subtitle ( sid ): 2 language: no
> > [open] subtitle ( sid ): 3 language: fi
> > [open] number of subtitles on disk: 4
>
> This information is what is included in the IFO
> file. It says that there are 4 subtitles (0-3)
> but actually this doesn't correspond necessarely
> to the spu stream present in the vob files.
Hmm ok, that makes a lot of sense, I looked that ifo file for some
time and wondered where in hell is the location of the stream
represented :)

> [ snip ]
>
> > ==> Found video stream: 0
> > ==> Found audio stream: 128
> > ==> Found audio stream: 129
> > ==> Found subtitle: 7
> > ==> Found subtitle: 6
>
> This is what actually IS present in the DVD.
> play it with -sid 7 or -sid 6.
> Sometimes you should let the movie play some
> seconds before you can see all the subtitles present.
MPlayer just doesn't allow using that -sid 7 or -sid 6 without the
hack I posted in the previous message.

Better would be if the found subtitles would be automatically added to
the list, which could then be scrolled in OSD? If only two subtitles
where found in the startup, the first additional subtitle stream is
gets the lang_id of the 3. known language and second gets the lang_id
of the 4. and so on..

--
-Joonas