[MPlayer-users] Long-time TV recording to DivX/AVI?

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Wed Mar 23 08:05:12 CET 2005

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 11:21:09 +0100 (CET)
Rainer Hantsch <office at hantsch.co.at> wrote:

> Doing so, I usually get .avi files bigger than 2GB when I want to record in
> good quality -- but this causes my avidemux to indicate a broken index file
> and abort.
> So I have to split the huge file into smaller chunks first

First off, you could split the files with another program, such as avisplit from transcode/tools.  You can use avimerge from the same place to combine the pieces together at the end as well.

I have no problem editing avi files much larger than 2GBs with avidemux2.  Up to 4GBs, use mencoder with the "-noodml" option.  Above 4GBs, you need a recent version of avidemux2, which can handled ODML avi files, and you shouldn't have any problems.