[MPlayer-users] /usr/etc/mplayer/mplayer.conf: No suchfileordirectory

Xie Bo bxie at sjtu.edu.cn
Sat Mar 26 13:03:40 CET 2005

> But my DVD is okay, because it works on any dvd player.

Yes, your DVD disk maybe is OK, but how about your DVD Player? I mean maybe there is some problems like "your DVD Player only supports D9 DVD disk and your DVD disk is D5".
Maybe you should test your dvd player and dvd disk in this machine by other software, such as xine, to make sure they works well.

> You mean only key message is that "Can't open file VIDEO_TS.IFO"???
>
> Could it be possible that also other messages (e.g. Can´t open
> '/root/.mplayer/codecs.conf': No such file or directory) be the cause of
> problem???
AFAIK, No codec.conf file is OK for playing DVD.
Maybe you can try the latest mplayer cvs or MPlayer-1.0pre6. Your MPlayer-1.0pre3 is too old.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Best Regards,
Xie Bo