[MPlayer-users] DVD Seek lockup - strange noise

Jynx jynx at thescrapyard.org
Tue May 3 13:27:12 CEST 2005

Aah, ok. Well, I discovered that if I let it sit for a good 5, 10
minutes, the movie (Akira 5.1 DTS Version) will suddenly start playing.
What is strange, though, is that it plays slowly not only in MPlayer,
but also in any other player. I popped in another DTS movie to see if it
was just a buggy audio codec but it played fine, meaning that there's
definitely something up with Akira. There's something special about it,
and for some reason MPlayer is particularly sensitive to whatever that is.

What do you think? Does this qualify as an MPlayer bug? Is there any way
to test aspects the DVD?

Thanks
Jw