[MPlayer-users] Re: Exits with broken pipe

David Norris danorris at gmail.com
Sun May 8 03:39:32 CEST 2005

On 5/7/05, Rich Felker <dalias at aerifal.cx> wrote:
> What makes it so severe? Granted it's a little bit annoying, but not
> severe enough to warrant an ugly hack to work around it instead of a
> proper fix...

I guess it's all subjective. I completely agree that it's not a good
idea to fix it via an "ugly hack." But is it really that complicated
to fix it correctly? That's a genuine question, I really don't know.
But it seems to me that it should be easy. I mean, it's one of the
absolute most primitive user-interface operations -- closing a window
to terminate a program. Practically every program ever written has
correctly handled this. What is so special / different about mplayer
that making the "close window" feature work is so hard?

If it really is that hard to fix, then, okay. It's not "severe" in the
sense that it's going to crash someone's machine or fry their monitor
or something. Just a nuisance that I personally would love to see
fixed. But judge as you see fit.

Thanks again.
--
David Norris