[MPlayer-users] Using mplayer with Audible Words Codec

Roberto Togni r_togni at tiscali.it
Mon May 9 23:04:20 CEST 2005

On Mon, 9 May 2005 13:32:57 -0500
Michael Ihde <mike.ihde at gmail.com> wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone has tried to use the Audible Words Codec
> (via DirectShow plugin) on mplayer?  I've tried to get it working
> myself, but things aren't working....

[...]
What you did is right (if the decoder is a dshow filter with one input
and one output, if it reads directly from file it's not supported).

Please upload the decoder and a sample file (or part of it if it's too
big) to out ftp site.

What container does it use? From your censored output (please never cut
MPlayer output when reporting bugs) looks like it's detected as rawdv,
and that doesn't sound good for an audio only format (or does it have
also video?).

Ciao,
 Roberto