[MPlayer-users] OT question - Video-Streaming - how?

Rainer Hantsch office at hantsch.co.at
Wed May 11 16:01:41 CEST 2005

Hello!

I was asked to find a way for making short movies (up to 15 minutes) available
over the Internet.

Actually I would prefer to do that with with *.mpg or *.avi files, but this
requires (especially .avi) to download the whole file first. Well, most
browsers are smart enough to start playing while they still receive the file,
but I assume that real streaming is still a better way.

Can someone recommend some FREE software which will run on SuSE 9.0 (or is
possibly already included)?

mfg

  Ing. Rainer Hantsch