[MPlayer-users] Why do I get this message after ending finishes(also I get A/V sync issue)

Nico Sabbi nsabbi at tiscali.it
Sun May 15 09:31:53 CEST 2005

VJ wrote:

>Hi,
>   I use mencoder to encode my mpegs into dvd compliant mpeg2 files.
>Quite frequently I see this message after mencoder finishes its job.
>Can anybody tell what might be the reason. Also I get A/V sync issue
>whenever this message is shown.
>
>WARNING: SCR: 1053605362, APTS: 1148682240, DELTA=1.032 secs, BYTES=733557

it means that the pts of the audio stream deviates from the master clock
(SCR) of > 0.7 seconds.
There's no 100% failproof way to calculate the SCR (the hardest part of
my muxer) that I know,
so until I find a better algo you will have to go along with it; after
all if it's at the end it's not a
serious problem.