[MPlayer-users] Mplayer slave mode

Sebastian Schäfer schaefer at ropa-net.de
Tue May 17 11:48:44 CEST 2005

Hi!

I want to use mplayer's slave mode for getting out some information which will be displayed in a frontend.
I already read the docs, but I still do have some questions/problems:

Using get_time_length I can get the whole playing time of one movie and by using get_percent_pos I can calculate where in the movie mplayer currently is (in seconds). But unfortunately this is quite imprecise (with a total length of 20 minutes, 1 percent equals to about 13 seconds).

Is there a possibility to read the seconds played I have not yet discovered?

And my second problem is: When playing a playlist, the statistics are only valid for the file currently played, not for the whole playlist.
I need the statistics for a whole playlist.

Has anyone any ideas?

Sincerely yours,
Sebastian Schäfer