[MPlayer-users] VIDIX and x264 for OS X

Kichigai Mentat kichigai at comcast.net
Wed May 18 07:07:38 CEST 2005

I am aware that there is support for x264 and VIDIX for Mac OS X, but
I am unable to find any documentation as to how to adapt these for
use with OS X.

As I understand it, all I need for x264 support to work, is the
source code. Is there are version included with the MPlayer CVS or is
the svn download of x264 (as mentioned on the VLC page, which is
apparently the home of x264) the only way of acquiring the source?

Also, as far as VIDIX is concerned, I have a relative grasp of how
this would work on an x86 Linux system, but am at a loss as to how to
adapt or port the VIDIX drivers for OS X. There doesn't seem to be
any documentation on this process either. Can I simply apply the
VIDIX drivers as they are?

Thank you all for your time.
-- Ivan Kowalenko

Duct Tape Tip No. 130: