[MPlayer-users] Bug regarding MultiBitRate streams

Anders Lind lists at iolife.dk
Wed May 18 12:49:16 CEST 2005

Hi

Sorry for nagging you again. I just wonder if somebody would be kind to
look at this problem or has this already happened?

A small resume: The problem is that mplayerplug-in relies on mplayer to
playback the streams from webpages. The bug is that mms:// links for
multibitrate streams is plaied back in the lowest quality whereas
shifting from mms:// to http:// makes the stream be plaied back in the
highest quality. Since mplayerplug-in doesn't know whether it is a
multibitrate stream or not I wonder if anyone would be kind enough to
fix this bug in mplayer?
Examples of this bug is given in the former posting just below.

Kind regards and thank you for your help!

Anders Lind