[MPlayer-users] OT: From movie.mpg to DVD

Giacomo Comes comes at naic.edu
Wed May 18 18:53:56 CEST 2005

On Wed, May 18, 2005 at 05:56:25PM +0200, Stefan Sassenberg wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a question and maybe you can point me to a howto or similar.
>
> I've just mencoded a movie to vcodec=mpeg2video and now want to burn it
> on a DVD. I found tools like transcode and growisofs and dvdauthor but
> none of them seems to do what I need. The file has a size of 4.3GB. Any
> clue? Thank you.

mencoder, dvdauthor and growisofs together can do what you want.

On the list you can find many examples on how to produce
a valid DVD mpeg with mencoder (1.0pre7 or CVS)
then:
dvdauthor -o OUTPUTDIR file.mpg
dvdauthor -o OUTPUTDIR -T
growisofs -Z /dev/dvd -dvd-video OUTPUTDIR

You can find useful also encode2mpeg (http://encode2mpeg.sf.net)

Giacomo