[MPlayer-users] Started using B-Frames and now there is A/V sync issue

VJ vijay.s.gill at gmail.com
Sat May 21 20:17:58 CEST 2005

Hi,
   After a small discussion over this issue in this mailing list, I
started using vmax_b_frames=2, but now I suffer from following two
issues

1) A/V sync issue : all the encoded programs now have A/V sync issue
where video follows sound by .5 to 1 second. I haven't tried burning
the encoded programs on DVD(to see if the issue appears on stand-along
player or not).

2) Jerky motion : That happens only in media player classic (may be it
has problem with B-Frames) and not in mplayer (under windows) or even
windows media player (I have mpeg2 codec installed)

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks from

VJ