[MPlayer-users] gmplayer not working

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Mon May 23 11:52:42 CEST 2005

Hi,
On Mon, May 23, 2005 at 08:44:42AM +1200, Andrej Ricnik-Bay wrote:
> I have had a problem for quite a while now, using gmplayer
> on slackware (9.0 to 10.1) (MPlayer 0.99 through 1.0pre7).
> The most recent approach is using gcc-3.3.4, glibc-2.3.4

The 3.3 gcc series is not exactly what I would call reliable... If you
have the possibility use either 2.95 or 3.4.3+

> and --enable-gui as the only non-default passed to ./configure
>
> When I start gmplayer nothing gets displayed, and th CPU
> usage goes up to 99% (the machines in question are a dual
> PIII 1GHz and a PIV 1.8GHz).

Just because there was another report: Gui + arts will normally not
work, make sure you don't use that combination!
And do you really mean when starting gmplayer or when starting to play
something?

> Using
> time strace -o mplayer.txt gmplayer

the full output of gmplayer -v would be more useful...
Also the contents of the config files _might_ help (also try moving the
.mplayer dir away).

Greetings,
Reimar DÖffinger