[MPlayer-users] MPlayer CVS broken

Kichigai Mentat kichigai at comcast.net
Mon May 23 22:21:24 CEST 2005

I recently installed MPlayer CVS with GCC 4.0, AltiVec enabled.
MPlayer happens to work well, as far as I have tested it (which isn't
too far). MEncoder, however, is completely dysfunctional.

Below is the spew when I try to run it, even just to get a list of
output video codecs:

Tenshi:~/Movies ivan$ /usr/local/bin/mencoder Passion\ of\ the\
Jew.mpg        MEncoder dev-CVS-0500May-22:10-4.0.0 (C) 2000-2005
MPlayer Team
AltiVec found
CPU: PowerPC
File not found: 'frameno.avi'
Failed to open frameno.avi

parse error at line 1
Option @ needs a parameter at line 2
Option C@ needs a parameter at line 4
parse error at line 6
Option @y needs a parameter at line 7
parse error at line 8
parse error at line 9
parse error at line 10
Option UH needs a parameter at line 11
Option 8@ needs a parameter at line 12
parse error at line 14
parse error at line 15
parse error at line 16
parse error at line 17
Option P|] needs a parameter at line 18
parse error at line 19
too many errors

Exiting... (configfile error)

In the original draft of this message, I had my config log attached,
(since it says "configfile error" I thought it might prove useful)
but the moderator refused to accept it. Please let me know what
additional information I should include.

P.S. -- I'm trying to compile in x264 support. Is this an issue?

Even moderation ought not to be practiced to excess.
-- fortune spew