[MPlayer-users] Redirect the video output after filtering to a file

Rich Felker dalias at aerifal.cx
Wed May 25 17:50:45 CEST 2005

On Wed, May 25, 2005 at 09:26:01AM +0200, Manel Mendoza wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is possible to redirect the video data (the frames without compress in
> RGB o YUV) after decode and filtering and save it into a file? I'm
> trying to compare objective the effects of the differents filters
> applied after decode and I need to save this video into a file?

You should use -vo yuv4mpeg. -vo png is a bad choice because your
video will get converted to rgb, which implies extra filtering.

> Once important think is save the video at constant frame rate because I
> need to identify every frame, to make PSNR calculus.

I think you're misstating what you mean. You don't necessarily want
constant framerate, you want every frame from the source video. You'll
always get this unless you use -framedrop (mplayer's stupidest
option).

Rich