[MPlayer-users] Mencoder Xvid Slow encoding

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Sun May 29 17:49:12 CEST 2005

Hi,

On 5/29/05, Nico Sabbi <nsabbi at tiscali.it> wrote:
> Γώρκας Δημήτριος wrote:
>
> > I download latest stable mplayer and compiled it also got the latest
> > Xvid 1.0.3.
> > It looks like mplayer compiles extremely slow (25fps)
> >
> > AMD64 3200+
> > 1Gb Ram
> > Fedora Core 3
> >
> > What's wrong???

Please give us the command line you used, so we can better understand
what's wrong.

> the default for vhq is now 1, rather than 0 that was used in previous
> versions.
> Frankly I never saw the slightest visual difference between the two, but
> vhq=1 encodes at half speed

Yes, I'm the one who changed to defaults so that they are the same as
XviD's vfw front-end, which are the recommended defaults of the XviD
team.
Here are the default values that got changed:
http://www1.mplayerhq.hu/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/main/libmpcodecs/ve_xvid4.c.diff?r1=1.13&r2=1.14

Guillaume