[MPlayer-users] MEncoder CVS Issues

Kichigai Mentat kichigai at comcast.net
Mon May 30 02:13:59 CEST 2005

On May 29, 2005, at 08.32, Rich Felker wrote:

> On Sat, May 28, 2005 at 09:40:54PM -0500, Kichigai Mentat wrote:
>
>> this would be the second time that I've submitted this problem to the
>> mailing list. The first time, I got no responses, so I'm hoping this
>> time would be different.
>>
>> About two nights ago (or so), I compiled the MPlayer CVS code on my
>> Apple iBook G4 running Mac OS X (10.4.1). I compiled with GCC4 and
>> with AltiVec support. MPlayer is fully functional, but mencoder is
>> not. mencoder is completely broken. What follows below is my error:
>>
>> Tenshi:~ ivan$ /usr/local/bin/mencoder
>> MEncoder dev-CVS-050527-21:31-4.0.0 (C) 2000-2005 MPlayer Team
>> AltiVec found
>> CPU: PowerPC
>> File not found: 'frameno.avi'
>> Failed to open frameno.avi
>>
>> parse error at line 1
>> Option @ needs a parameter at line 2
>> parse error at line 5
>> parse error at line 6
>> parse error at line 7
>> Option 5 needs a parameter at line 8
>> parse error at line 9
>> parse error at line 10
>> parse error at line 11
>> Option UH needs a parameter at line 12
>> Option 8@ needs a parameter at line 13
>> parse error at line 15
>> parse error at line 16
>> parse error at line 17
>> parse error at line 18
>> Option P|] needs a parameter at line 19
>> too many errors
>>
>> Exiting... (configfile error)
>>

> Yes, the problem is that you put the mencoder binary in .mplayer
> directory, and thus it's trying to parse mencoder as a config file.
Come again? I'm actually a little confused by that. I honestly have
no idea where this .mplayer directory is. All I know is that mencoder
and mplayer (the CVS versions) are in /usr/local/bin/
> Or...maybe some idiot modified it to look for config files in other
> places (such as the binary dir) on Mac?? :(
I don't think so. The binaries are installed in /usr/local/bin which
is not the place most Mac command line apps would be installed,
should I use something like fink or darwin ports.