[MPlayer-users] Anybody using huffyuv for archiving?

VJ vijay.s.gill at gmail.com
Mon May 30 11:42:36 CEST 2005

Hi,
   I am trying to use huffyuv (-vcodec=huffyuv)  for archiving my DV
recordings from Sony handycam. I issue following command to compress
the movie into huffyuv avi but it stops with the error shown next to
the command

mencoder -mc 0 -noskip -skiplimit 0 -ovc lavc -lavcopts
vcodec=huffyuv:vstrict=-1:context=1:format=422P:pred=2 -oac copy -of
avi -o "$destdir/$ofn" "$ifn"

The error is

Error: per-frame huffman tables are not supported by huffyuv; use vcodec=ffvhuff

Now my question is if I use ffvhuff, will the windows based code be
able to decode this file? I am away from my machine, so I cannot
experiment.

If somebody has experimented with huffyuv, can you please share your
knowledge with me?

Also is it any good to use 2-pass with huffyuv? If yes, then please
give suggestions about that too, because in 2-pass mode I am getting 0
byte divx2pass.log which crashes the second pass.

Regards from

VJ