[MPlayer-users] MEncoder CVS Issues

Kichigai Mentat kichigai at comcast.net
Tue May 31 00:40:33 CEST 2005

On May 30, 2005, at 02.03, Rich Felker wrote:

> On Sun, May 29, 2005 at 07:13:59PM -0500, Kichigai Mentat wrote:
>
>>> Yes, the problem is that you put the mencoder binary in .mplayer
>>> directory, and thus it's trying to parse mencoder as a config file.
>>>
>> Come again? I'm actually a little confused by that. I honestly have
>> no idea where this .mplayer directory is. All I know is that mencoder
>>

> Under your home directory.
>

>> and mplayer (the CVS versions) are in /usr/local/bin/
>>
>>> Or...maybe some idiot modified it to look for config files in other
>>> places (such as the binary dir) on Mac?? :(
>>>
>> I don't think so. The binaries are installed in /usr/local/bin which
>> is not the place most Mac command line apps would be installed,
>> should I use something like fink or darwin ports.
>>

> Did you use any strange options when compiling? i.e. anything but
> default ./configure.
I refer you to my original message. But, just in case you have
trouble finding it, here's what I used (and yes, all paths are correct):

./configure --with-glib-config=/sw/bin/glib-config --with-gtk-config=/
sw/bin/gtk-config --with-sdl-config=/opt/local/bin/sdl-config --with-
freetype-config=/usr/X11R6/bin/freetype-config --with-xanimlibdir=/
usr/local/lib/codecs/ --enable-macosx-finder-support --enable-
largefiles --with-x264libdir=/usr/local/lib --with-x264incdir=/usr/
local/include/