[MPlayer-users] Anybody using huffyuv for archiving?

Rich Felker dalias at aerifal.cx
Tue May 31 04:56:45 CEST 2005

On Mon, May 30, 2005 at 05:28:40PM +0100, VJ wrote:
> I did not know that that DV format is lossy in itself (somebody else
> pointed out earlier).
>
> Also you mentioned interlaced scaling. Is it needed for encoding my
> mpeg2's from my TV captures?

It depends on whether your content is interlaced or not, and whether
you'll be scaling. Remember that conversion between subsampling
formats (422/420/etc.) is a form of scaling. If any scaling takes
place at a point where your video is interlaced, it must be done in
interlaced mode or it will ruin your video (blend the two fields
together...).

Rich