[MPlayer-users] [feature/bug] rebuild index while playing

Nico Sabbi nsabbi at email.it
Wed Nov 2 13:27:11 CET 2005

Alexander Fieroch wrote:

>Guillaume POIRIER wrote:
>

>>It _has_ to implemented? By Whom? Send a patch which adds such a
>>function if you need it!
>>

>Ok, sorry - wrong word! I'm not speaking english as native language.
>It would be great to have this feature in mplayer too. I'm just starting
>to learn C and it's a long way until I can send patches.
>
>Regards,
>Alexander

you can't implement timeshifting with a format such as avi without
horrible hacks.
I remember that once, for my use, I implemented something similar for DVB,
but it worked only for mpeg*. Yet, the cache stays in the way

 Sponsor:
 Prezzi incredibili sui notebook: fino a 400 Euro di sconto! Scopri tutte le offerte, clicca qui
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=4100&d=2-11