[MPlayer-users] structure protection

ilab ilab at freemail.hu
Sun Nov 6 03:23:48 CET 2005

Hey,

does someone know the solution for ripping a dvd protected by
'structure protection' on linux?

I tried to copy the dvd content to HDD by dvd::rip, vobcopy and tccat
but they were all blocked at the first problematic IO operation and
they could not been even killed. I managed to copy the stuff to HDD
with mplayer -dumpstream, and mplayer can play the result from HD
without problems (no A/V desync), but when I try to encode it with
mencoder, it skips frames all the time and the result is A/V desync.
If I use -mc 0 to prevent syncing I got another kind of desync (well,
not surprising).

What I havent tried is to use mencoder directly from the dvd device,
but I prefer to copy to HDD before, for many reasons, and I dont
really think it would help, anyway. As mplayer can play the stuff
from HDD without problem, I think the issue is with mencoder.

So, is there a solution?

Thanx,
ilab