[MPlayer-users] Missing /help/help_mp-en.h

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Sun Nov 6 06:14:44 CET 2005

sam archer wrote:

> I can't compile mplayer due to a missing english help file. I have
> the file and I'm not sure why it's not being detected. Can someone
> please offer advice as to how I go about this problem? The file is
> help_mp-en.h and it is in the /help directory, as it's supposed to
> be.

Please post the part of the compile which fails - both the command line
which is displayed and all of the errors which appear.

The only thing I can think of, with the virtually nonexistent
information that you've provided, is that maybe you actually didn't
configure MPlayer - but in that case I wouldn't think you'd be able to
get even as far as you apparently have.

(Incidentally, I'll note that help_mp-en.h is *not* supposed to be in
"/help/"; it's supposed to he in "help/". The former directory is in the
root directory of your hard drive, and the latter is in the current
directory. This was probably just a typo on your part, but in the
unlikely event that you actually *have* created a directory named /help/
and moved the file there, it would definitely cause problems.)

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.