[MPlayer-users] Sparc V9 architecture and spudec.c generates assembler error.

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 16:30:00 CET 2005

Hi,

On 11/6/05, Lars Tunkrans <lars.tunkrans at bredband.net> wrote:
> Guillaume POIRIER wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >On 11/6/05, Lars Tunkrans <lars.tunkrans at bredband.net> wrote:
> >

> >>Hello,
> >>
> >>   I have played around  with the later versions  of Mplayer source code.
> >>   with MPlayer-1.0pre5try2   where  "mcpu=v8"   the compilation works
> >>and the resulting binary works
> >>   If I Change  to "mcpu=v9 " in MPlayer-1.0pre5try2,  I get the same
> >>error as when I use the  MPlayer-1.0pre7try2
> >>  source code with no changes.
> >>
> >>  This is the error  produced:
> >>

> >>gcc -c -I../libvo -I../../libvo  -O4  -mcpu=v9 -pipe -ffast-math
> >>-fomit-frame-pointer -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64  -I.
> >>-I/opt/csw/include/SDL -D_REENTRANT        -o spudec.o spudec.c
> >>{standard input}: Assembler messages:
> >>{standard input}:2309: Error: Illegal operands: There are only 32 single
> >>precision f registers; [0-31]
> >>gmake: *** [spudec.o] Error 1
> >>

> >>    This is happening  on  :
> >>
> >>    SunBlade 1500   1.5 GHz    UltraSparc IIIi
> >>    Solaris 10  3/05   with patches  from August 05.
> >>
> >>    Compiler is   /usr/sfw/bin/gcc     GCC 3.4.3
> >>
> >> Is this  my fault  somehow   or is it  a bug ?
> >>

> >It's your fault that you use outdated version of mplayer. Try CVS or
> >at the very least -pre7.
> >
> >Guillaume
> >

>    Please ,  I am , the  error  does occur   with  MPlayer-1.0pre7try2
> source code.
>    It also occurs  on the CVS  source  which I got from
>
>         cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at mplayerhq.hu:/cvsroot/mplayer co -P main
>
>   just now.

you need libavcodec, libavutils and libavformat too. It's all
explained on the website.

>   Can you  help  in determinig  where  the cause of this problem might be ?

The error message seems to tell that the assembler code is bogus,
which is strange to me as it seems to work fine for other ppl who have
a sparc. I bet they will help you out.

Guillaume
--
Reading doesn't hurt, really!