[MPlayer-users] Support for ivtv driven tv cards?

Thomas Zehetbauer thomasz at hostmaster.org
Mon Nov 7 02:14:54 CET 2005

Are there any plans to provide better support for ivtv driven tv cards
that provide a tuner but do not support the buffer interface and supply
a mpeg stream instead?

Currently you have to tune the card using ivtv-tune and then call
"mplayer /dev/video0". Most other v4l players do not yet support mpeg at
all so I guess mplayer / mencoder would be the perfect candidate for
pioneering this feature. I guess it should be easy to support the
tv://channel syntax and then call the mpeg decoder instead.

Tom

-- IP Adressenknappheit - Lösung oder Krückstock?
http://www.hostmaster.org/IPv6.html