[MPlayer-users] Merging audio with video

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 09:52:49 CET 2005

Hi,

On 11/7/05, Philip Walden <pwaldenlinux at pacbell.net> wrote:
> Is it possible to merge a separate audio file with a video file using
> mencoder?
>
> I have looked around the this archive and the manual, but cannot find
> anything relevant.
>
> If not, what methods would one suggest to do this? Specifically I want
> to merge a NASA video that has no audio with some music then put it into
> a DVD.

I'm pretty confident it's in the docs, but it might be a bit buried
under obscure section title.

mencoder -audiofile my_audio_file.mp3 my_mute_video.avi -o
video_with_sound.avi -ovc copy -oac copy

You may have to append "-mc 0" and/or "-noskip" though...

Guillaume
--
Reading doesn't hurt, really!
  -- Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski