[MPlayer-users] structure protection

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Mon Nov 7 23:56:11 CET 2005

On Mon, 07 Nov 2005 22:59:10 +0100
ilab <ilab at freemail.hu> wrote:

> Is this the way mplayer decompensates the desync with?

Yes.

> Woulndt it be more logical if this kind of delay would be done in a
> hard jump?

No, it wouldn't be more logical, it would just be different.  In
some cases (like drop-out), it's better to have it more gradually try to
match sync.

If that's be behaviour you want on your system, just use "-mc 10"
instead.  If you play enough videos with that option, sooner or later
you'll find examples where that causes problems rather than helping.

> I mean this delay is valid for the _whole_ audio track, so
> it would be reasonable if mplayer simply started the audio playing
> later instead of the smooth compensation.

You know that fact, but mplayer doesn't have any way to.  If you were
using a different tool (like mencoder) to adjust a/v sync, it wouldn't
have that problem to begin with.