[MPlayer-users] MPlayerplug-in loads, but doesn't play in Firefox

Jiang Qian qian2 at fas.harvard.edu
Fri Nov 11 05:52:07 CET 2005

> > It seems like your video output is at fault. You're running xwindows
> > gather. Maybe try
> > mplayer -vo xv your_video.mov
> > or if that doesn't work
> > mplayer -vo x11 your_video.mov
> > Also it would help if you post a direct link from where you download
> > your clip so that others can download it themselves and try it out.
> > Jiang
>

> Both of the above commands work fine and mPlayer successfully plays the
> movie clip. Now how do I get the Firefox plug-in to work? Thanks,
add the line to file
/etc/mplayerplugin.conf
or
$HOME/.mozilla/mplayerplug-in.conf
or
$HOME/.mplayer/mplayerplug-in.conf
vo=xv,x11
why did you want to use other things in the first place. I suspect xv
is almost always the fastest for mplayer. If you want mplayer to always
use it first add to the following line to
$HOME/.mplayer/config
vo=xv,x11

Jiang