[MPlayer-users] Support for ivtv driven tv cards?

Thomas Zehetbauer thomasz at hostmaster.org
Fri Nov 11 14:00:54 CET 2005

On 2005-11-11 | 09:30:51, Nico Sabbi wrote:
>analog, yes, but they produce an mpeg2 encoded stream.

They also provide a YUV stream in proprietary hm12 format that can be
played by something like
  mplayer -rawvideo on:format=hm12:pal /dev/video32

Unfortunately I could not yet get synchronous audio from /dev/video24
  mplayer -audiofile /dev/video24 -audio-demuxer 20 -rawvideo on:format=hm12:pal /dev/video32

Please note that -rawvideo is currently broken in CVS HEAD:
  Option rawvideo: Unknown suboption on

>When tuning these eventual drivers should consider only the "frequency" parameter and disregard
>all the others (modulation, bandwidth, etc).

These cardes support setting the bitrate for the mpeg stream.

Tom
--
Datentransferlimits und die Breitbandlüge
http://www.hostmaster.org/TransferLimits.html