[MPlayer-users] cvs update:ignore docs

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Sat Nov 12 07:03:15 CET 2005

mirt at bluebottle.com wrote:

> Tue, Nov 08, 2005 at 03:16:43AM -0500, The Wanderer написал:
>
>> Anton wrote:
>>
>>> Good time.
>>> How to tell cvs not to update DOCS/de ,etc ?
>>
>> Edit DOCS/CVS/Entries and remove the lines for those directories.
>>
>> If you want it to not update specific parts of one of the
>> subdirectories - say, everything but English in DOCS/xml/ - you'll
>> have to edit the CVS/Entries file in that directory, as well.
>
> Sorry for the late answer.
> It doesn't work for me .
> E.g. i don't want update DOCS dir .There are not any lines with DOCS
> in CVS/Entries, but 'DOCS' dir is updating .See the outputs:

Okay, that *is* weird. Unless my understanding of how CVS works is
severely screwed up, it should not even know that the DOCS/ directory is
*there* without that line.

You've stumped me, sorry. You'll have to either hope that someone else
can answer better, or go looking for an in-depth CVS explanation online.
(I could do that myself, of course, and probably learn a few things from
it, but - unfortunately for both of us - I'm too lazy right now.)

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.