[MPlayer-users] Straneg Colors on X600

Phil Oleynik Oleynik.Phil at mail.ioffe.ru
Sat Nov 12 14:21:06 CET 2005

Peter Schrammel wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have an ATI X600 (see lspci -v attachment), which isn't recognised
> by the vidix drivers, so I gues it's because of that that I'm having
> this strange color effect (see the the thread bellow, I posted a jpeg
> on the list first but it was to big :-( ).

Hello, Peter

How did you managed to get jpeg screenshot from cvidix out, you used a
digital camera to capture the screen?
Anyway, it seems I missed the message with picture. I have one bad
experience with ATi, so I may
advice to check if the same problem will persist while playing videos
with different sizes, horizontal and
vertical. On my ATi card videos larger 720px wide get distorted.
Try to use slow but stable x11 vo, to check that mplayer decodes video
right.

> I found a thread
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.mplayer.user/27659  from
> about 1,5 years ago where a guy had the same problem but I don't know
> if it was solved (though I tried the tricks of that thread).
> I tried with an without kernel dhahelper and some -vf
> nofrmat/format=yv12 ... combinations.

Maybe you should try to see if there is a difference in how xvid and
mpeg is shown, to see if
there is a possible mplayer bug.

Philipp