[MPlayer-users] How to set mplayer binary file name when compiling CVS

Mustafa Abbasi lordverminard at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 15:13:29 CET 2005

> Then you should probably make ~/bin directory for such experimental files.
> IMHO, you should avoid to use program from source tree, sources and
> binaries are to be separated to have some order on disk.
> Anyway, I advice you to rename and move resulting mplayer binary by
> hands, especially if you do not wish to mess other packages, since install
> script also installs mencoder, libdha and vidix, if they were built.

oh thanks for your concern.
but i set the prefix flag to a directory on my home folder.
then add the bin folder in that folder to PATH. hence allowing me to use it
like anyother
program without screwing my regular installs.
but problem is i can't differentiate b/ww the other install and the
compiles. both are named mplayer. i know its possible to rename it by hand
but thats really a crude way.