[MPlayer-users] How do you upload files to MPlayer FTP server?

John Brown johnbrown105 at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 13 15:42:00 CET 2005

MPlayer crashes while playing certain RealMedia (RV40) files. I want to
upload a sample file (about 1.5 MB. My FTP session looks like:

ftp> open mplayerhq.hu
[snip]
ftp> ls
200 PORT command successful. Consider using PASV.
150 Here comes the directory listing.
!!!!!!WAREZ Uploaders: this is a ftp
!!!!WAREZ Uploaders: incoming dir is not readable by anon ftp users!
[snip]
226 Directory send OK.
ftp: 446 bytes received in 0.11Seconds 4.09Kbytes/sec.
ftp> put johnbrown105_bugreport.tar.bz2
200 PORT command successful. Consider using PASV.
553 Could not create file.
ftp>

I assume they meant to say write-able. Anyway, I do not have an account, so
what do I do?