[MPlayer-users] Nero Digital

MacNean C. Tyrrell dardack at nycap.rr.com
Mon Nov 14 05:19:21 CET 2005

MacNean C. Tyrrell wrote:

> bond wrote:
>
>>> Hi,

>>> It should work out of the box, though you may have to append "-demuxer
>>> 35" to the command line.

>> why using ffmpegs demuxer? doesnt mplayer's mp4 demuxer work on linux?
>>
>> nerodigital is plain .mp4 + aac audio + avc or part2 video

> Yea don't know what i did with the first one, but it wouldn't play.
> ran faad -i on it and it said something like couldn't find the audio.
> I think i click something wrong, loke vob bidirectional or something,
> because i did some tests with like 12 seconds of the fellowship of the
> ring, and got it to work, now i'm making the whole movie.  My one
> other question is, that mplayer doesn't seem to play the subtitles
> from nero, do i have to do something special?
>
> Bond, your right i don't have to append "demuxer 35" works right out
> of the box with the test ones however, i do believe that it does use
> ffmpeg video decoder, because it says opening video decoder ffmpleg,
> than usses the ffodivx codec.

Ok so it works but doesn't.  I have a central server that holds all my
movie files, i used to use transcode for linux but ran into problems
with long (close to 3 hour movies) movies.  I have never really enjoyed
the quality of mencoder (haven't tried it lately, but it always left
artifacts with stuff for me).  So i encoded Fellowship of the ring with
nerodigital.  I did one long complete 2.7gig file, and 4 separate 700mb
about files.  The 2.7gig and separate files play on the server fine with
mplayer.  The 2.7gig file will not play on my separate box (mythtv in
living room) but the separate ones will.  mplayer gets stuck on teh
2.7gig file with:
ISO: File Type Major Brand: ISO/IEC 14496-1 (MPEG-4 system) v1

Than just hangs there.  All the others show that line but move on to say
stuff about quicktime format.  Any ideas?