[MPlayer-users] mplayer crashes when trying to play two .movs on the cmd line

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Mon Nov 14 06:06:33 CET 2005

Robert La Ferla wrote:

> I tried re-compiling w/enable-debug but it crashes without a stack
> trace.  Something is seriously wrong.  Can someone try playing 2-3
> videos on their system and report back if it works or not.

If by "crashes without a stack trace" you mean "does not leave a
core-dump file when it crashes", you need to run the program from within
gdb. Read the instructions in DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports_what.html (section
4.6, "Crashes"), as the message printed upon crash asks you to do, and
do what it describes there.

> % mplayer one.mov two.mov
> MPlayer dev-CVS-051113-08:45-4.0.1 (C) 2000-2005 MPlayer Team
> CPU: Advanced Micro Devices Sempron/Athlon MP/XP/XP-M Barton,Thorton
> (Family: 6, Stepping: 0)
> CPUflags:  MMX: 1 MMX2: 1 3DNow: 1 3DNow2: 1 SSE: 1 SSE2: 0
> Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions: MMX MMX2 3DNow 3DNowEx SSE
>

> Playing keshigomu.mov.

The filenames on the first and last lines above do not match. This
indicates that you did not just copy-and-paste the command and its
output, but either stitched them together from multiple sessions or
edited after pasting. The latter is of little concern, as long as the
filenames were all which was changed, but the former can be Very Bad;
try to avoid editing the output before sending it.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.