[MPlayer-users] Saved streams and subtitles?

Ville Herva v+mplayer at iki.fi
Mon Nov 14 20:48:57 CET 2005

On Mon, Nov 14, 2005 at 11:03:16AM -0800, you [RC] wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Nov 2005 00:09:05 +0200
> Ville Herva <v+mplayer at iki.fi> wrote:
>
> > But if I do
> >   mplayer -dump-stream dvb://CHANNEL
> > and then
> >   mplayer stream.dump
> > I the subtitles don't show up.
> >

> Run "mplayer -v stream.dump", and see if it lists available subtitles
> in the output.
>
> If you post the "mplayer -v" output of both (with and without subs),
> perhaps someone can help.

Thanks.

Hmm. Now that I retry, I can't get mplayer showing the subtitles with live
DVB stream either (even with F, b, j). Xine _does_ show them, though. Tried
with the same program.

There are a couple of channels here in Finland that use DVB subtitles,
others just overlay the texts on the video stream. Maybe I fumbled,
I could've sworn I had the DVB subtitle channels working under mplayer a
couple of days ago.

Xine doesn't show the subtitles from a stream saved with "mplayer
-dumpstream" either.

I'll investigate further.

mplayer -v dvb:// log is available at http://iki.fi/v/tmp/mplayer.log in
case someone is interested.