[MPlayer-users] after resuming mplayer cannot use xv whereas tvtimes can?

Sascha Sommer saschasommer at freenet.de
Thu Nov 17 11:38:30 CET 2005

On Thursday 17 November 2005 09:23, Jiang Qian wrote:
> Hi All:
> I installed the new fglrx 8.19.10 driver for my ATI x300 card on
> T43(PCI-E) bus. It resume from suspension-to-ram fine, even with 3D
> acceleration.  However
> mplayer -vo xv movie.mov
> just show a black box where the video should be, whereas mplayer -vo x11
> works.  I thought there's something wrong with xv extension after
> resumption, yet two things seem to point the finger to mplayer:
> 1) Someone else reported that after resuming, "mplayer doesn't find XV
> overlay, but tvtime works fine with XV even after resuming.".
> 2) xvinfo command give all the same info before and after suspend.
> Any idea about the possibility of mplayer not aware with xv extension
> under some circumstances and how to fix it?
> Thanks a lot in advance.

First of all I doubt that this is a MPlayer problem. When it works for you to
start MPlayer twice to play files when you do not suspend the machine it
should also work when you suspend the machine in between.
Even if it is a MPlayer problem, without the output of MPlayer there is not
much we can do.

Sascha