[MPlayer-users] dumping to fire ware

Kyrre Ness Sjobak kyrre at solution-forge.net
Thu Nov 17 19:10:38 CET 2005

Pl-l-l-l-ease *dont* post in others treads. Those who use a real email
client (such as Ximian Evolution), will probably have filters installed
which categorize mails from this list into spesific folders, and then
does threading.

Threading works by every new mail created having an uniqe ID, and
replies also carries the ID of the mail they are in reply to in their
header. This makes it really really easy to folow several threads of
different discussions over longer periods of time, which is good. What
is bad is when people don't know this, and just hits reply, instead of
creating a new mail.

For you, all you get is
- A bunch of annoyed people who could help you instead of writing
irritated mails like I am doing at the moment
- Your mail looks like it is in reply to the other thread. If i'm not
interested in the other thread, i won't see it - just check "read" to
avoid it showing up as "unread" in my summary.

Not what you want? Try again, and *always* create a new message when
using mailing list.

Thank you,
Kyrre Ness Sjøbæk