[MPlayer-users] Re: DVD trouble on Inspiron 6000 (SCSI: No DMA): including compile errors (was: libdts)

Thorgal Aegirsson d_werdan at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 18 08:11:32 CET 2005

>I'm considering giving Debian a try (w/ all of its 14
CDs compared to 4 for FC),

there is a net-install solution ;)

BUT!
don't do that if you're happy with fedora. As I said
earlier, debian has quite a diffrent approach when it
comes to box configuration and other sorts of box
hacks. If you're used to administer your machine in a
fedora environment, you could be surprised ... and
depressed at times ...
So, as long as you're ok with FC, I wouldn't recommend
switching to debian. I did it because I was tired of
many things with redhat-FC but that was in the early
days (redhat9, FC1). I guess it has improved by then
:)