[MPlayer-users] No MP3 encoder in LAVC??

Nico Sabbi nsabbi at email.it
Fri Nov 18 10:06:54 CET 2005

The Wanderer wrote:

> configure.log does in fact report successful detection of libavcodec, so
> that isn't the problem. -ac ffmp3 works just fine for audio decoding, so
> there is some form of libavcodec-based MP3 support in there. 'ffmpeg
> -formats' from a CVS updated pretty much the same time reports 'mp3' as
> one of the recognized codecs, and the same copy of ffmpeg is capable of
> encoding MP3 audio, so my system does have everything necessary for
> libavcodec to do MP3 encoding.
>
> 'mp3' is listed as one of the valid arguments to '-lavcopts acodec' in
> the man page; I've tried 'mp2', which is also listed and is the default,
> and that does not produce this problem.
>
> Any clue what's going on, or where I could look to find out more?

maybe you configured  libavcodec without support for lame encoding,
but don't bother investigating: you should never use lavc's mp3 from
mencoder; you had better use -oac mp3lame instead

 Sponsor:
 Telefona con Email.it Phone Card, tanti minuti di conversazione con il massimo del risparmio, clicca qui
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=2687&d=18-11