[MPlayer-users] compile problem with x.org and ati fglrx driver using GCC 4.0 and latest cvs

Marius Schrecker marius at schrecker.org
Sun Nov 20 17:44:57 CET 2005

Hi,
I'm having trouble compiling MPlayer from source using latest cvs. I'm
using GCC 4.0.1 on Debian sid with X.org 6.8.2 dfsg and ati's fglrx v.
8.19.10 The problem occurs if I try to compile with the --enable-gui
option.

Googling throws up a few links to similar problems, most of which suggest
installing libxxf86vm-dev.

I checked that and threw in libxxf86misc-dev for good measure ;-), but
neither help.

Another thread suggested problems with the proprietary nVidia driver, so I
tried throwing out fglrx and restarting X with the standard radeon driver.
No luck there either.

Does anyone have more tips on this?

Cheers

Marius