[MPlayer-users] [MingW32] Disable console window?

Frank Aurich fa859178 at inf.tu-dresden.de
Mon Nov 21 02:03:54 CET 2005

Hi,

I know this is probably the wrong place to ask this, but I wasn't able
to subscribe to mplayer.cygwin because the mailman system seems to be
offline/unreachable. Help with that is appreciated :)

Anyway. I'm using mplayer on windows, compiling via MingW/MSys. I've
grown fond of the output MPlayer provides when something goes wrong, but
  since that ain't the case most of the time, I'd like to disable this
window completely.
Someone referred me to Gianluigi's builds, but I don't really need the
GUI stuff that's included with his patches. I tried extracting the code
that enables toggling the console window, but failed horribly.

Is there another way to do this? Or does maybe code exist that does that
in an easy way?

Frank